How do I know what my skin type is and what products are best for it?
Dr. Hauschka offers this great resource on skin types. Please take a look at this skincare assessment chart to determine where you fit and establish what skin care products may be best suited for you.
What do you need to know before you get your facial?
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your facial to fill out a health form or use the bathroom if needed.
- Facials are relaxing, the only uncomfortable part are extractions. There’s a reason you shouldn’t pick at your skin at home; extractions should only be done by an Esthetician.
- No waxing or shaving 24 to 48 hours before or after a facial.
Do I need to remove my make up?
No, but if you can, it gives the Esthetician more time to focus on extractions or other treatments.
What should I expect after my facial?
Clean, revitalized and glowing skin. There may be some redness right after but that will go away in a day or less.
How often should you get a facial?
Your facial routine will depend on your skin type. Usually once a month is great.
Healthy skin is beautiful skin. Taking care of your skin everyday will help slow down the signs of aging, keep your skin clear, healthy and nourished.
Can I wear makeup after my facial?
It is preferred if you go home and relax. Allowing all the nutrients to soak in, but if you have to put make up on it will not harm your facial. Your skin will continue to radiate.
What should I do after my facial?
Try to maintain facial results by making sure you follow the at home skin care regime that the Esthetician has recommended. You can’t expect the results to last if you go home and sleep in your makeup or wash with a bar of soap.
What if I arrive late?
Should you arrive late, the Esthetician will make every possible effort to accommodate you during the remaining time of your scheduled appointment.
What if I have a big event coming up?
Don’t book a facial the day of or the day before a major event. Most likely your skin will be fine, but don’t chance it.
How do you sanitize your tools?
Before every treatment all tools are sterilized and the surface areas are sanitized. During extractions the Esthetician wears disposable gloves. All linens are washed with natural fragrance free detergents.
What do Holistic Estheticians focus on?
- Educating clients about the effects of diet, rest, exercise and other lifestyle choices on the health of the skin
- Bringing clients’ attention to the improvement in the quality of their life that accompanies a significant reduction in their stress levels
- Selecting products that contain natural and/or organic ingredients and that do not contain substances that have been documented to be carcinogenic or otherwise harmful to the skin and/or other organs of the body